Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1⁄4 cup soft butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup sifted flour (AP)
- 2 teaspoons double-action baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup fruit juice
- 1 (20 ounce) can berries, drained (raspberries, blackberries, boysenberries, blueberries, sliced peaches)
- Cream together until light and fluffy soft butter and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Sift together flour, double-action baking powder salt and stir into shortening sugar mixture alternating with milk.
- Beat until smooth pour into greased 2-quart casserole.
- Spoon over batter drained berries of your choice (we prefer blackberries--fresh may be used)(sliced peaches use #2 size can).
- Depending on heaviness of syrup in which fruit is packed, sprinkle sugar and pour drained juice.
- Bake 45-50 minutes at 375 degrees.
- My mother obtained this recipe from Gold Medal Flour when they use to put them inside the bag.
I made this last night.I used frozen blueberries and it turned out really good.