Sally's Fresh Peach Berry Cobbler
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh peaches, pitted peeled and sliced (about 4 medium)
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
To make filling:
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, brown sugar, cornstarch, and water. Mix well, cooking over medium heat until thick, stirring constantly.
- Add lemon juice, blueberries, and peaches. Mix to combine, then turn into a 2 quart baking dish.
To make topping:
- In a mixing bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add milk and butter. Beat until smooth and spoon over fruit.
- Sprinkle top with a remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1/2 tsp nutmeg.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, until browned and bubbly. Serve as is, or with vanilla ice cream.
- **Note - if using canned or frozen berries or peaches, if they are pre-sweetened, decrease the sugar in the filling!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Super easy to make! I subbed about half splenda for the brown sugar and used frozen berries and peaches. Neither of the frozen fruits were sweetened so I did not alter the sugar content. I added everything to a 2qt oval baker and baked as directed; made just enough for 7 of us to have a dessert sized serving a la mode after our BBQ tonight. The nutmeg did not appeal to me on the top... although everyone else said it was great. Made for Please Review game.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live on the coast of Florida, near St. Pete. Great seafood abounds here! Cooking good, family friendly meals is my passion, and my kids are as into it as I am. (My 3 year old cracks a mean egg!) <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">