- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 ounces butter, Softened
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1 (7 ounce) can snails, plus shells
- 2 tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 200C, 40OF.
- Beat butter, parsley, garlic and shallot in a bowl till well combined, then beat in salt, pepper and wine.
- Put a small amount of the butter, then one of the snails into each empty shell and fill up with butter mixture. Press the fresh breadcrumbs into the butter. Arrange on special escargot dishes or an ovenproof dish with the opening facing upwards.
- Put in the oven for 8-10 minutes until butter begins to bubble.
- Serve immediately with crusty bread.