Recipe by LonghornMama
This is an unusual recipe from Flavors, the San Antonio Junior League cookbook. The description says that they were served every year at the Thanksgiving dinner at the Episcopal church in Brenham, Texas. My father-in-law, who never lets a vegetable cross his lips, loves this twangy recipe. I'm not a canned green bean kind of person, but I like these.
Top Review by ~Bliss~
I enjoyed these, but I think the butter is not something I care for on green beans, and the mustard was slightly overpowering. I might try these again without the butter, and with just the liquid from the beans, and slightly less butter.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans green beans
- garlic salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain half the liquid from beans.
- Place beans and remaining liquid in a saucepan.
- Season generously with garlic salt, cook on medium heat about 20 minutes.
- Combine butter, mustard and Worcestershie and add to beans.
- Marinate 6-12 hours.
- Warm before serving.