1/1 Photo of Ensaladilla Rusa -- Spanish Potato Salad (Spain)
Sydney Mike's Note:
Although slightly tweaked, this recipe was located on the internet & posted here for the Zaar World Tour 5.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 5 tablespoons frozen green peas
- 2/3 cup green beans, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 small gherkins, sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 12 stuffed green olives
- 1 hard-cooked egg, sliced thin
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1In a saucepan, in lightly salted water, cook potatoes, carrot & beans, bringing to a boil, then simmering until almost tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- 2Add peas & cook not more than another 5 minutes, then drain & transfer veggies to a serving bowl.
- 3Add onion, pepper, gherkins, baby capers, olives & sliced egg.
- 4In a separate bowl, whisk together mayo, lemon juice & mustard, then add to serving bowl & mix well to ensure all ingredients are coated.
- 5Sprinkle with pepper & toss, then refrigerate.
- 6Before serving, allow to stand at room temperature for an hour so that flavors can meld.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ensaladilla Rusa -- Spanish Potato Salad (Spain)
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.2
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 63.1 mg
- Sodium 946.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
stuffed green olives