Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Although slightly tweaked, this recipe was located on the internet & posted here for the Zaar World Tour 5.
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 5 tablespoons frozen green peas
- 2⁄3 cup green beans, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 small gherkins, sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 12 stuffed green olives
- 1 hard-cooked egg, sliced thin
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- In a saucepan, in lightly salted water, cook potatoes, carrot & beans, bringing to a boil, then simmering until almost tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add peas & cook not more than another 5 minutes, then drain & transfer veggies to a serving bowl.
- Add onion, pepper, gherkins, baby capers, olives & sliced egg.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together mayo, lemon juice & mustard, then add to serving bowl & mix well to ensure all ingredients are coated.
- Sprinkle with pepper & toss, then refrigerate.
- Before serving, allow to stand at room temperature for an hour so that flavors can meld.
This is a very different type of potato salad. I made exactly as directed. I used pimento stuffed olives, since it wasn't specified. I enjoyed all of the different flavors melding together. I think this will be even better tomorrow. Made for RRR ZWT5.