Recipe by JeriBinNC
The title refers to the sauce; the dish is actually cooked in a skillet, not on the grill. From Enola Prudhomme.
Top Review by iris5555
Great shrimp. Loved all the herbs and spices which provided just the right amount of heat. I decreased the amount of beer in the sauce to about 1/4 cup. Served over rice, it was a very tasty meal. Thank you.
- 1 tablespoon reduced-calorie margarine
- 12 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon file powder
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup light beer
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over high heat, melt the margarine.
- Add the shrimp, basil, salt, oregano, white and red peppers and file powder.
- Saute for 3 minutes or until the shrimp starts to stick to the bottom of the skillet, but stirring constantly to prevent burning.
- Add the remaining ingredients; cook, stirring, for minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Serve hot.