Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Satisfying salad that will not disappoint and a nice change from regular same-old salad.
Make and share this Endive and Spinach Salad With Feta, Cherry Tomatoes, and Mint recipe from Food.com.
- 8 cups curly endive lettuce, cut into bit-size pieces rinsed and spun dry (instead of cutting, endive can be hand torn)
- 8 cups Baby Spinach, rinsed and spun dry
- 1⁄2 lb feta cheese, broken into pieces (imported preferred as taste is superior to domestic)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint leaf
- 2 shallots
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons other favorite vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2⁄3-3⁄4 cup olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine endive, spinach, tomatoes, and mint in bowl and distribute evenly.
- TO MAKE THE DRESSING: Chop the shallots and add to the vinegar with the salt. Let sit for 5 minutes. Whisk in the olive oil. Add black pepper to taste.
- Dress salad as heavy or as lightly as you like. Either add the feta cheese to each individual plate or add with the rest of the salad ingredients and distributing cheese throughout being careful not to moosh cheese.