1/1 Photo of Enchilada Soup
1 hr 15 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This recipe came from a co-worker of mine who is a wonderful cook and a wonderful person. This is VERY easy throw together meal. It doesn't look realy appetizing I must say, but the taste and flavor is wonderful! Everyone in my family likes this one...not an easy task either! My youngest son said we should try corn chips instead of the tortilla strips next time. Would be good garnished with a dollop of sour cream on top and maybe even a bit of guacamole.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 corn tortillas, cut in strips (or more)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic (from a jar)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 can chopped green chili pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups diced chicken (or more)
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce (any kind you like)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground red chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1Cut tortillas in 1/2" strips (set aside).
- 2Saute onion and garlic in oil.
- 3Add next 11 ingredients.
- 4Bring to boil.
- 5Reduce heat and simmer covered, 1 hour.
- 6Add tortilla strips and cheese.
- 7Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- 8Garnish with paprika.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Enchilada Soup
Serving Size: 1 (411 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.4
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 42.2 mg
- Sodium 1862.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 21.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: