Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
My daughter, Alicia, brought this recipe home from a camping trip. Their recipe was pretty simple and lacked the tastes that I prefer in my cooking, so we tweaked it to our own tastes. We eat it either wrapped in warm flour tortillas and dripping down our hands and arms, or I have wrapped it in corn tortillas dipped into the warm sauce and laid out in a casserole dish and covered with the rest of the sauce and sprinkled with shredded cheese for typical enchiladas.
- 4 lbs london broil beef
- 1 (28 ounce) can enchilada sauce (I prefer red, but green works well too)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed flat
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Place the meat in your crock pot.
- Add the onions, chilies, and garlic on top of the meat.
- Pour the canned enchilada sauce over the meat and other ingredients.
- Stir in the cumin.
- Cook on high 6 to 8 hours or until meat is falling apart tender.
- Shred the meat and eat in warm flour tortillas or make the meat into enchilada using corn tortillas.
This was really good! I added an extra can of chiles and doubled the cumin and it turned out great. I brought to a potluck lunch at work and everyone raved about it. Thanks for the awesome recipe!
Love this recipe. It is quick and easy to prepare and my hubby loves it.
Wonderful! Even the kids love it.