Recipe by Karen From Colorado
My daughter, Alicia, brought this recipe home from a camping trip. Their recipe was pretty simple and lacked the tastes that I prefer in my cooking, so we tweaked it to our own tastes. We eat it either wrapped in warm flour tortillas and dripping down our hands and arms, or I have wrapped it in corn tortillas dipped into the warm sauce and laid out in a casserole dish and covered with the rest of the sauce and sprinkled with shredded cheese for typical enchiladas.
Top Review by KLBoyle
This was really good! I added an extra can of chiles and doubled the cumin and it turned out great. I brought to a potluck lunch at work and everyone raved about it. Thanks for the awesome recipe!
- 4 lbs london broil beef
- 1 (28 ounce) can enchilada sauce (I prefer red, but green works well too)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed flat
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the meat in your crock pot.
- Add the onions, chilies, and garlic on top of the meat.
- Pour the canned enchilada sauce over the meat and other ingredients.
- Stir in the cumin.
- Cook on high 6 to 8 hours or until meat is falling apart tender.
- Shred the meat and eat in warm flour tortillas or make the meat into enchilada using corn tortillas.