Salsa Chicken in the Crock Pot
photo by KateL
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 35mins
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (can be either thaw or frozen)
- 2 (14 ounce) jars salsa (if you want it a bit drier, use less-you can always add more later)
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) canned corn kernels, drained
- 18 -24 flour tortillas (The uncooked kind are the best-cook just before serving)
- shredded lettuce
- instant Spanish rice, I use Lipton's Spanish Rice
- sour cream
- diced tomato
- shredded cheese
- In the crock pot, place the chicken breasts and the salsa on top. Heat on high for several hours (mine took about 4 1/2 to 5 hours).
- About 15-20 minutes before serving, shred the chicken with a fork and add the beans and corn, mixing to combine. Continue cooking until the beans and corn are warmed through.
- Serve on flour tortillas with whatever garnishes you want to add.
- Eat like a burrito. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Simple and wonderful! I used 1 can of black beans and one can of navy beans and omitted the corn. Used about 30 ounces of salsa. Served over brown rice and it was awesome! Will definitely make again! I cooked on low in the crockpot for 4 hours (mine cooks hot) and the chicken was so moist and tender!
Terrific! And so simple!! We threw this together today using a single (slightly larger) jar of salsa verde, three large chicken breasts, and one can each of (drained) beans and corn. After 6 hours, the chicken was fall-apart tender, the sauce had cooked into the meat perfectly, and it was just all so good wrapped in warmed tortillas. A really wonderful dish to come home to on this cold Chicago night! We *will* make this again! Thanks for sharing!
Simplicity, all ingredients we love, we will repeat this one frequently. It took 4 1/2 hours for 6 petite chicken breasts. I served over garlic and herb fettucine with shredded colby jack to top. For gourmet guests, serve with lime wedges for an extra kick. Thanks for posting, knobbyknee! Made for I Recommend Tag based on Chef Jean's review.