Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Also from the Desperations Dinner's cookbook. Very easy and very tasty. We use tostada chips to scoop up the sauce! Yummy!
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 8 refrigerated biscuits, such as Pillsbury Grands
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes
- 1 cup store bought salsa con queso sauce, such as Pace
- Heat oven to 450.
- Place the beef in a 12 inch nonstick skillet over high heat. Cook, turning and breaking up the meat, until it is crumbled and browned.
- Meanwhile, use a rolling pin or straight-sided glass to flatten each biscuit until it measures about 4 ½ inches across and is about ¼” thick. If biscuits stick, use a bit of flour. Place the flattened biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet.
- When the meat is browned, stir in the taco seasoning mix and water. Remove from heat.
- Place 2 Tbsp of meat in the center of each bisquit; leave the meat you have left over in the skillet. Fold dough over the meat to form a turnover, stretching as necessary (it’s OK if it tears a little), then press down on the edges with the tines of a fork to seal. Bake the turnovers until golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the tomatoes with their juice and the salsa-cheese sauce to the skillet with the leftover meat and place over low heat, stirring well. Cook until heated through, continuing to simmer until the turnovers are done, stirring from time to time.
- To serve, place the turnovers on individual serving plates and top with about 1/3 cup of the chili-cheese sauce.
Used this recipe as a last minute meal idea. So I could only use what I had on hand, so all in all it was really easy and turned out good! We'll definitly try again!
The sauce is the key to this dish!It was very good! I don't handel spicy hot foods very well,but my husband does and went back for seconds said he could eat it twice a week aleast.if i can figure out how to lower the "heat" of the sauce i will surley be making this on a regular baises.thanks for a great and SO EASY recipe!