Recipe by jody #5
These are the best pork chops EVER--lot's of flavor. The kid's love them. Give them a try and you'll be hooked. Goes perfect with Emeril's Bourbon-Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Caramelized Onions.
- 2 cups root beer
- 2 cups reduced veal stock
- 4 (16 ounce) double-cut pork chops
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
emerils essence creole seasoning (use 4 teaspoons also referred to as Bayou Blast)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients of the creole seasoning thoroughly.
- To make the glaze, combine the root beer and stock in a medium heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until reduced to a thick syrup, about 1 cup, about 50 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from heat.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Season each chop on both sides with 1 teaspoon of ESSENCE. Place on the grill and cook for 3 minutes. Turn each chop 1/4 turn to make grill marks and cook an additional 2 minutes. Turn and cook on the second side for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a baking sheet. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of olive oil over each chop. Roast until cooked through and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reaches 150 degrees F, 12-15 minutes.
- Place the chops on four serving plates and drizzle with glaze.