Top Review by Northwest Suechef
This is an excellent Key Lime Pie. (FYI:It took me 2 pounds of Key Limes to make 1 cup of juice.) The sour cream topping is so much better than meringue or whipped cream. I didn't use the crust recipe, I love the combination of ginger and lime so I made a gingersnap crust instead of graham crackers which was very good. I will make this again and again and again...Thanks Mindy.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 (14 ounce) cans condensed milk
- 1 cup key lime juice
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter with your hands.
- Press the mixture firmly into a 9-inch pie pan, and bake until brown, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature before filling.
- Lower the oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- In a separate bowl, combine the condensed milk, lime juice, and eggs.
- Whisk until well blended and place the filling in the cooled pie shell.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes and allow to chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Once chilled, combine the sour cream and powdered sugar and spread over the top of the pie using a spatula.
- Sprinkle the lime zest as a garnish on top of the sour cream and serve chilled.