Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From Taste of Home- Jo Maasberg, Farson Wy. I have made this with venison/beef 50/50 and we all loved it, served with cornmuffins.
- In a Dutch oven, cook meat, onion & garlic, over med heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain
- Stir in remaining ingredients bring to boil.
- reduce to simmer, cover & two hours.
- This is what the book say.
- My notes:.
- Instead of simmering on the stove for 2 hours put into crock pot on med heat for the day, or put into the oven on 300 with lid.
- We like more salsa,.and have also used Rotela Brand Tomatoes and Green Chili's subing for All or 1/2 the tomato's.
- and 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
- It's just one of those things we how cook do-tweeking others recipes and subing as needed.
- Be creative to your own taste.
This was delicious! It was my first time cooking with elk burger. I followed the recipe exactly and I loved it. The pork and beans was really different but added so much flavor to this dish.
I made this chili the other day and it was excellent. I did add more salsa, garlic and green chili's as the contributor suggested. This was even better the next day. I had never thought about using pork and beans in chili before. I am now out of ground elk meat, but will definitely make this chili again using ground beef and maybe some ground sausage. Thank you for the recipe!