Stew Meat Chili
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 15mins
- 2 lbs premium cut stew meat
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, liquid reserved
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground oregano
- salt (optional)
- cheddar cheese (topping)
- If stew meat is in fairly large pieces, cut each piece in half.
- In a large skillet, brown stew meat and transfer to a large slow cooker.
- Add onion, tomatoes, beans, seasonings, and salt to taste.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over each serving.
Join The Conversation
We did not like this. It needed more flavor. And I added garlic salt, pepper, 6 garlic bulbs, and celery. I have a lot leftover so I am trying to figure out what to do with it. Don't want to waste the stew meat. Think I am gonna turn it into shredded beef burritos since it has beans and tomatoes in it.
I made this Chili recipe for Chili Cookoff contest. I won second prize. <br/> Made several changes/additions to recipe though. Did not think it was spicy enough since I usually add a lor more Chili powder to my chili recipes. I increased amount to 3 tablespoons and it was perfect. I changed the beans to 1 can pinto beans and 1 can black beans.<br/><br/> Decided after making this recipe, that this is the chili i will make when I have the time to cook it over long period of time.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hello everyone, My name is Doug and I am the host of I recommend tag.I am in my early 40's, I am married, with two children. Michael 14, and katherine 10 . I started to learn to cook, after I got married, when my wife started working nights, and I couldn't get around because I had my entire left leg rebuilt. I just completed remodeling my entire house, and am very active at volunteering at my childrens schools.<br />Rating System <br />5 stars- Outstanding (4 out 4 ) in family enjoyed. <br />4 stars - Very good (3 out of 4) in family enjoyed. Will make no adjustments. <br />3 stars - good, might consider an adjustment <br />2 stars- Okay- will make adjustment <br />1 star- debatable I will make again, would with right adjustment <br />0 stars - Will not attempt again.</p>