Recipe by CaramelPie
My daughter made about 4 recipes of dressing, trying to get it "just right" for her Thanksgiving dinner for her in-laws. This is her final recipe, & it is delicious!
- 6 cups cornbread, crumbled
- 4 cups day old bread or 4 cups hamburger buns, crumbled
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- salt, if needed
- 2 (13 ounce) cansdiced chicken, rinsed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Leave the crumbled breads out on the counter in a bowl overnight so it will dry out some.
- Add all other ingredients except butter. Salt to taste.
- Pour into a sprayed 9x13" pan.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 1 hour, or until top is as golden brown as you like.
- Note: This may be put together the day before you need it & baked the next day.