1/1 Photo of Elegant Buttermilk Cinnamon Blueberry Muffins
Cooking to Perfection's Note:
These muffins are very, very rich. Almost like a cake, you can only eat one, but wish you could have another. The cinnamon/sugar topping makes these muffins a beautiful presentation. Any muffin lover will appreciate these chewy and heavenly treats. (From "In The Sweet Kitchen" cookbook)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Grease or line 12 muffin cups.
- 3Combine cinnamon and sugar for the topping in a small bowl and set aside.
- 4In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- 5Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 6Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then beat in the vanilla.
- 7Into a separate bowl, sift both flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- 8Add the flour mixture the to batter in three additions, alternating with the buttermilk in two additions, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- 9Gently fold in the blueberries.
- 10Spoon the batter into the muffin cups to about 1/2 full.
- 11Bake 15 to 20 minutes until the tops are golden brown and spring back when lightly touched, and wooden skewer comes out clean.
- 12Cool the muffins for 5 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto wrack.
- 13Dip the crowns of each muffin first into the cooled melted butter, then into the sugar-cinnamon mixture, then cool right-side up on a wire wrack.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elegant Buttermilk Cinnamon Blueberry Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.9
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 66.5 mg
- Sodium 252.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 21.1 g
- Protein 4.0 g