Recipe by SchnauzerMama
This is a great recipe for those who not only need to avoid gluten, but also need to be grain-free and/or watch their carbs. No rice flour, corn flour or other high carb, gluten-free flours.
Top Review by Tbdream
This turned out really well! I substituted coconut oil for the shortening. I also used 4 mashed bananas. A few were on the smaller side. Did not add chocolate, but did add walnuts instead.
- 3 bananas, mashed (approx. 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 eggs
- 14.79 ml vanilla
- 14.79 ml honey
- 59.14 ml vegan palm oil shortening
- 473.18 ml blanched almond flour
- 2.46 ml sea salt
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml chocolate chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pulse bananas, eggs, vanilla, honey and shortening in a food processor.
- Pulse in almond flour, salt and baking soda.
- If desired, pulse chocolate chips into batter.
- Scoop batter into a greased 7.5 x 3.5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.