Recipe by nannie jo
This is a easy side dish or may be used as a main dish. Serve with tortillas and a salad for a complete dinner.
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 garlic clove, shopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 cup canned corn
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- salt and pepper
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil with garlic and onion making sure not to burn garlic.
- Add rice cook in oil until rice turns opaque, stirring constantly as not to burn.
- Add water, chicken bouillon cubes and tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, add chicken and corn.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook until most of the liquid is absorbed. Add chopped tomatoes and heat through.