1 hr 15 mins
nannie jo's Note:
This is a easy side dish or may be used as a main dish. Serve with tortillas and a salad for a complete dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil with garlic and onion making sure not to burn garlic.
- 2Add rice cook in oil until rice turns opaque, stirring constantly as not to burn.
- 3Add water, chicken bouillon cubes and tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat to a simmer, add chicken and corn.
- 5Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 6Cook until most of the liquid is absorbed. Add chopped tomatoes and heat through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for El Gallo's Mexican Rice
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.1
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 17.6 mg
- Sodium 381.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 9.7 g