1 hr 25 mins
Very delicious casserole that even the kids will love. You can use any noodles really or mix together leftovers you have. Also, you can use ground chicken or turkey instead of beef and neufchatel cream cheese instead of regular cream cheese to make it a bit healthier. You can prepare this up to 24 hours ahead of time and backs for an hour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups dried medium noodles
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup chopped onion (1 small)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Grease 2 quart casserole or 2 quart square baking dish. Prepare noodles and set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, brown ground meat in a large skillet and drain off the fat. Stir in tomato sauce, basil, sugar, garlic, salt, and pepper into skillet. Bring mixture to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- 3Beat together the sour cream and cream cheese in a medium bowl until smooth. Stir in the milk and onion.
- 4Layer in prepared dish: half the noodles (2 cups), half of the meat mixture (1.5 cups), half of the cream cheese mixture (1 cup), and all of the spinach. Top with remaining meat mixture and noodles. Refrigerate remaining cream cheese mixture.
- 5Cover casserole with lightly greased foil. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 45 minutes. Spread with remaining cream cheese mixture, sprinkle with cheddar cheese, and bake an additional 10 minutes uncovered.
- 6Let stand 10 minuted before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eight-Layer Casserole (Better Homes & Garden)
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 624.7
- Calories from Fat 378
- Total Fat 42.0 g
- Saturated Fat 22.8 g
- Cholesterol 156.4 mg
- Sodium 845.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 30.1 g