Scots Lass/Cairo's Note:
This recipe is extremely simple to prepare. However, in order to achieve a perfect result, I recommend that you marinate the chicken for 24 hours. It really does make a difference to the flavour. This chicken dish is lovely served with rice and a spinach yoghurt salad.Borani Esfenaj.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the chicken fillets well and dry with kitchen towel.
- 2Whisk all marinade ingredients together.
- 3Place chicken in a glass dish, pour over marinade & ensure each piece is coated in the marinade.
- 4Cover glass dish with cling film & leave to marinate for as long as possible in refrigerator.
- 5It is best to begin preparation for this dish the day before in order to obtain the best result.
- 6Next day: Remove dish from refrigerator.
- 7Allow it to sit for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- 8Pre-heat grill and place fillets on the grill pan, brushing with remainder of marinade.
- 9Cook for approximately 25 minutes, brushing with marinade, turning once during cooking.
- 10Chicken should be moist and golden, but not tough and overcooked.
- 11If chicken browns too soon reduce grill heat to moderate.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egyptian Grilled Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 639.1
- Calories from Fat 516
- Total Fat 57.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 80.0 mg
- Sodium 147.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 26.9 g