1/1 Photo of Eggs With Basil Sauce
Amazing egg dish my mom has made every Christmas morning for a long time. My picky fiance loves it and decided to call them "basil cakes", but they aren't actually cakes... Anyway, it's great, try it with hashbrowns or country potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt margerine in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, and basil.
- 2Add milk.
- 3Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5Spoon 2 tbsp into 4 individual pyrex/souffle dishes.
- 6Break an egg into each.
- 7Season with salt and pepper.
- 8Spoon remaining sauce over each.
- 9Bake at 350 degrees for 16-18 minutes.
- 10Sprinkle with cheese and put back for another 2-3 minutes until melted.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggs With Basil Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.6
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 200.0 mg
- Sodium 390.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 10.4 g