1/2 Photos of Eggplant (Aubergine) Meatballs
1 hr 20 mins
My fiancee loves having meatballs with pasta, but I sometimes tire of having so much meat! I've found these to be a great compromise.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice eggplant and sprinkle with salt.
- 2Let sit 10 minutes to draw out water.
- 3Rinse and pat dry.
- 4Saute on stovetop with a splash of olive oil and about 1/4 cup water until eggplant is soft.
- 5Remove and chop finely.
- 6Mix everything but the breadcrumbs when eggplant is cool.
- 7Then add breadcrumbs and mix until you get the consistency you want to form the balls.
- 8Place in a generously olive oiled pan about l inch apart and bake at 400 degrees until golden brown, about 40 60 minutes.
- 9Turn halfway through baking to ensure even browning.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant (Aubergine) Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.7
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 100.3 mg
- Sodium 364.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 11.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed Italian herbs