1/2 Photos of Eggplant (Aubergine) and Ricotta Rolls
Delicious and easy vegetarian recipe. I char-grill fresh sliced eggplant using my George Foreman grill, but you can buy it ready made from the deli. I also find it easier sometimes to omit the thyme leaves and lemon rind and use instead a bottled dried mix of lemon, basil and thyme from the supermarket.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 (425 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 500 g fresh ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons lemon thyme, leaves
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- 20 slices chargrilled eggplants
- salt and pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius and lightly grease a square baking dish.
- 2Heat oil in a fry pan over medium heat.
- 3Add onion and garlic, cook for about 3 minutes.
- 4Add tomatoes, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until sauce is thick.
- 6Combine, ricotta, milk, chives, thyme and lemon rind (add salt and pepper if required).
- 7Spread ricotta mixture evenly over slices of eggplant, then roll up lengthways.
- 8Spoon sauce into baking dish and top with eggplant rolls.
- 9Cover and bake for approximately 25 minutes or until sauce is bubbling.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant (Aubergine) and Ricotta Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.1
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 151.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 16.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: