1/2 Photos of Eggplant (Aubergine) and Ricotta Rolls
Delicious and easy vegetarian recipe. I char-grill fresh sliced eggplant using my George Foreman grill, but you can buy it ready made from the deli. I also find it easier sometimes to omit the thyme leaves and lemon rind and use instead a bottled dried mix of lemon, basil and thyme from the supermarket.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 (425 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 500 g fresh ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons lemon thyme, leaves
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- 20 slices chargrilled eggplants
- salt and pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius and lightly grease a square baking dish.
- 2Heat oil in a fry pan over medium heat.
- 3Add onion and garlic, cook for about 3 minutes.
- 4Add tomatoes, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until sauce is thick.
- 6Combine, ricotta, milk, chives, thyme and lemon rind (add salt and pepper if required).
- 7Spread ricotta mixture evenly over slices of eggplant, then roll up lengthways.
- 8Spoon sauce into baking dish and top with eggplant rolls.
- 9Cover and bake for approximately 25 minutes or until sauce is bubbling.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant (Aubergine) and Ricotta Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.1
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 151.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 16.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: