Blackened (cajun) Trout
- Ready In:
- Fillet the trout(fresh or thawed) about 25 mm thick (1-1/2").
- Don't be afraid to substitute halibut, perch, shrimp, or any firm-fleshed seafood or fish for the char.
- Melt butter in a cast-iron or heavy-bottomed frying pan over medium high heat.
- Add Cajun spice and heat thoroughly.
- Place fillets in pan.
- Squeeze juice of one lemon into pan.
- Cook fish for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve with remaining lemon wedges and pan drippings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!