Recipe by Mrs. Gravy
My mom found this recipe in a magazine and it is my new favorite. If you love eggnog, you'll love this cookie! Not too hard, not too soft, and it melts in your mouth.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup french vanilla non-dairy coffee creamer
- 5 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg (or cinnamon)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 5 -6 teaspoons french vanilla non-dairy coffee creamer
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, shortening, and 2 cups sugar. Beat in egg and extract.
- Separately, combine milk and creamer; set aside.
- Combine the flour, salt, and baking soda. Gradually add to the creamed mixture ALTERNATELY with the milk mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine nutmeg and remaining sugar.
- Shape the dough in to 1 inch balls; roll in nutmeg mixture. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet; flatten slightly.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet before removing to cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Prepare icing and drisle over cookies.