Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a beautiful dessert. Especially if you go to the trouble of placing the cookies and ribbon around the outer edge of the cheesecake. My family asks for this every Christmas, and my husband loves to take it to work parties for the rave reviews.
- 2 (5 1/2 ounce) packageschocolate laced pirouette cookies
- 1⁄3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups eggnog, cold
- 2 cups milk, cold
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding or 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages French vanilla instant pudding
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- Cool Whip
- holiday ribbon, 36 inches (optional)
- parchment paper (10 inch by 10 inch piece)
- Trace springform pan onto a piece of parchment. Place in bottom of pan before continuing. (This will help in getting cake out of pan easier).
- Reserve one cookie for garnish, if desired.
- Cut 1 inch piece off one end of each of the remaining cookies.
- Crush 1 inch pieces into crumbs; set aside remaining cookies for sides of cake. Combine cookie crumbs, graham cracker crumbs and margarine until well mixed.
- Press crumb mixture firmly into bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese at low speed until smooth.
- Gradually add 1 cup of the eggnog, blending until mixture in very smooth.
- Add remaining eggnog, milk, pudding mix, rum and nutmeg.
- Beat until well blended, about 1 minute. Pour cream cheese mixture carefully into pan.
- Chill until firm, about 3 hours.
- Run hot metal spatula or knife around edges of pan before removing sides of pan.
- Press remaining cookies, cut side down, into sides of cake. Wrap ribbon around cookies and tie.
- Just before serving garnish with Cool Whip and reserved cookie, if desired.
- Tie ribbon around cake if desired.