Recipe by brquilter
My child has an egg allergy, so I searched several recipes and combined those ideas with my own to create this bread. It should be pretty nutritious with yogurt, bananas, flaxseed, oat bran, etc. The vinegar
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 3 large bananas, very ripe
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 177.44 ml low-fat plain yogurt
- 4.92 ml orange zest
- 59.14 ml flax seed meal (optional)
- 118.29 ml oat bran (optional)
- 591.47 ml sifted flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml clove
- 14.79 ml vinegar
- 118.29 ml raisins
- 118.29 ml dried cranberries
- 118.29 ml pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease bottom of two loaf pans.
- In food processor, chop pecans, remove to medium bowl.
- In food processor, add sugar, oil, vanilla, bananas, yogurt and orange zest. Pulse until blended and banana is only slightly lumpy.
- In medium bowl, blend flaxseed, oat bran, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves.
- Toss in raisins and cranberries, coating with flour mixture.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir well.
- Add vinegar, stir well.
- Pour equal amounts into the two loaf pans and bake for 40-45 minutes. May need more baking time, keep checking.
- Note: while flaxseed and oat bran are optional, they add fiber and aid the nutritional value. Raisins, Cranberries and Pecans are all interchangeable, if you don't have them, leave them out or add more if desired.