Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
My daughter is the proclaimed egg salad extraordinaire of the family. I do all the work and she lets me know if it needs tweaking. I thought I would write down the recipe for safe keeping. This recipe is not overly creamy, add more or less mayo to your liking and +/- other ingredients accordingly. Cook & prep time does not include complete chilling before serving. I always use Kittencal's Technique for Perfect Easy-Peel Hard-Boiled Eggs for a perfect start!
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, cooled, peeled & chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, if desired
- 1 tablespoon grainy brown mustard or 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, I use big dollops, just enough to bring the eggs together, more if desired
- Follow Recipe #259573 for the perfect hard boiled eggs.
- In a medium size bowl, add the peeled eggs & and chop then to the desired size.
- Dust the chopped eggs with salt.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Gently spread and fold the mayo mixture into the eggs.
- I would suggest covering and placing int he fridge and checking for additional seasonings once it has had a chance to all come together.
- Serving suggestions:.
- Sliced rye or sourdough bread or your favorite bread with sliced tomatoes and sliced pickles.
- Serve on top a halved tomato or tomato slices for a perfect lunch.
Yummy egg-cellent egg salad. Simple and good. Your daughter is definitely a chef extraordinaire on these. :) Thanks for sharing. Made for All You Can Cook Buffet Tag.