Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
A very simple recipe for those who are new with using the oven as well as for those who love eggs. A fantastic snack with an even more fantastic name, the next time you are off for a picnic and want to try something new, here it is -Egg on the bird's nest!
- Pre-heat oven for 2 minutes (180C).
- Beat the egg whites of the 2 eggs, one at a time, till stiff.
- Now take the 2 bread slices and using a spoon, apply the egg whites in the 4 corners of each slice.
- Put the entire egg yolk (without beating it) in the center of each slice.
- Place on a wire rack.
- Bake for 5 minutes till golden brown on either side.
- Remove from oven, place on a plate.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- Decorate with Tomato Ketchup on each slice.
- Enjoy it as picnic food or as a morning or evening snack!
We didn't like the texture of the "meringue" eggs. Will go back to more traditional breakfast eggs. They do look cool though.
I eat this a totaly different way with totaly different ingreedients.
Very different but yet very good. Bravo