Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is the way my family likes noodles served. It is easy and quick. Start the croutons when you put the water on to boil and they should be ready when the noodles are done. Of course, you can use extra butter but I try to restrain myself. Once the croutons are mixed in with the noodles everything does become buttery.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- When you put the water on to boil, place the butter in a small frying pan over medium heat.
- Tear the bread into small pieces for the croutons.
- When the butter is melted and sizzling (don't let it brown) add the pieces of bread.
- Watch the bread carefully and stir frequently so that it doesn't burn but will get crispy.
- Add the salt and pepper to the croutons.
- When the noodles are cooked, drain and place in your serving bowl.
- Add the croutons; stir to distribute well.
- Serve and enjoy!
This was a great side with a simple meatloaf dinner. I always love buttered noodles but the croutons make thos extra special. Thanks for posting Gayla. Made for PAC Spring 2010.
These are a great way to prepare egg noodles! It's a perfect side dish and I like the fact that it is very basic and simple. I would have never thought to make croutons with noodles but it works well. My croutons turned out deliciously crispy and there was just the right amount of butter for us. I used the salted butter and added lots of freshly ground black pepper. Thanks for sharing!
A very simple recipe,but like Diner,I felt that it needed a little something else just to lift it up a bit.Some garlic and a little herb would probably do the trick. Thanks Gayla.Made for PRMR.