Recipe by Lacer
I was looking for something easy and healthy to have at work for breakfast, so I tweaked a recipe that called for sausage and cheese and came up with this.
Top Review by stgmngrjan
Tasty, healthy, easy, and convenient. I sauted green onions (adds a depth of flavor that raw onions don't have), omitted mushrooms and added the lean parts only of 5 pieces of bacon - about 2-3 TBS. I used a gourmet mustard but any dijon will be fine, I think. I'll play with this recipe more and use it often. A keeper. Thanks, Jan
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon mustard (optional)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place spinach, tomatoes, and mushrooms in a colander; squeeze and press to drain well.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, egg whites, garlic, mustard, salt, and pepper until well blended. Add veggies from colander and onion, mix well.
- Grease a 6 cup jumbo muffin tin, and pour egg mixture evenly into cups. Bake for 30 minutes in preheated oven. Let cool, and you've got a quick, easy, and healthy breakfast every morning for work (I work 6 days a week).
- To reheat, microwave 30-35 seconds. Good topped with ketchup, if you like ketchup with eggs.