Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
From the Thursday magazine, this recipe was submitted by Apan Goswami to the 'What's Cooking' column.
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 pint milk
- 2 medium onions
- 1 inch ginger
- 4 green chilies
- 2 tablespoons ghee or 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- fresh coriander leaves, washed,drained and chopped,to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind the onions, ginger and chillies to form a paste.
- This is the'masala paste'.
- Hard boil the eggs.
- Peel the eggs.
- Cut the eggs into equal halves.
- Heat ghee/oil in a small skillet.
- Fry the masala paste for 4-5 minutes till the onions turn golden brown.
- Carefully place the halved eggs in the prepared masala.
- Fry for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Add milk.
- Mix well.
- Increase flame to high.
- Let the curry boil for a few minutes.
- Add salt.
- Reduce flame to a simmer.
- Allow the gravy (curry) to thicken.
- Once this happens, sprinkle garam masala on it.
- When cooked, garnish with corriander leaves.
- Serve hot with parathas or tandoori rotis (recipes posted separately).