Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
Yes, the name says it - it's an egg in a tomato. This incredibly easy, fun, and tasty recipe only requires 3 ingredient (+ butter) and a microwave. I found this in a leaflet promoting eggs.
- Cut off a thick slice at the stem end of a medium-size tomato; set aside.
- Scoop out seeds and centre pulp.
- Place tomato in a small bowl.
- Add butter inside the tomato.
- Break an egg inside the tomato.
- Pierce yolk with a toothpick or fork (very important).
- Sprinkle cheese over the egg.
- Place top slice over tomato.
- Microwave on medium-high (70%) for 1minute 45 seconds, or until egg is almost cooked.
- Let stand 1 minute.
This recipe was fun and tasty BUT the tomato was very mushy and it definately needed some salt. I don't know if the tomato was a little overripe or if it is the cooking method. I will try again. It is nice that it is a 1 serving meal as I am the only one here who likes tomatoes.