Recipe by Crabbycakes
Breakfast is our favorite meal so on the week-ends I try to do something a little special. This is one we especially like.
Top Review by MsKittyKat
This was very good - the croutons in the recipe really made it quite different from other egg casseroles. I needed a recipe that didn't have to be refrigerated overnight since I was taking it to work and didn't want to get up early to bake it. This worked great and was very tasty to boot. Thanks for posting this recipe.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine (Try Move Over Butter to cut a few calories)
- 4 cups unseasoned croutons (not fresh,dried)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8oz)
- 2 cups milk (I use Skim Plus)
- 8 eggs (I use Egg Beaters)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 (12 ounce) package bacon, cooked and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Place butter in a 11x7x11/2" baking dish.
- Melt butter in the microwave until melted, tilting to coat dish.
- Pour croutons over melted butter; sprinkle cheese over croutons,and set aside.
- Combine milk, eggs, and mustard; mix well.
- Pour egg mixture over cheese, and sprinkle with bacon.
- Bake at 325F for 40-50 minutes or until set.
- Let casserole stand at room temperature 5 to 10 minutes before serving.