Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
You can prepare this the night before and refrigerate it, just take it out about 30 minutes before you want to cook it or increase the baking time to 30-40 minutes. If increasing the baking time, don't sprinkle the cheese on top until the last 15 minutes.
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat crackers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and sliced
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons green onions, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350F; grease either four individual casserole dishes or one 1 1/2-quart casserole dish.
- Combine cracker crumbs and melted butter; spread evenly in bottom of prepared baking pan(s).
- Arrange egg slices evenly over crumbs.
- Scatter bacon evenly over egg slices.
- Combine sour cream, onion, milk and pepper; pour over bacon and spread to completely cover.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted.