Sheet Pan Breakfast Bake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 8 slices bacon, cut in half
- 30 ounces frozen and thawed shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 pinch red chili pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives (garnish) or 3 tablespoons sliced scallions (garnish)
- Baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place bacon in a single layer on baking sheet and bake, turning once, until lightly crisp, about 10 minutes. Remove bacon to a towel lined plate; set aside.
- Place potatoes, Italian seasoning, granulated garlic, salt and chili flakes on baking sheet and use tongs or a spoon to combine, then spread into an even layer. Bake until potatoes are starting to turn golden, about 20-30 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and sprinkle mozzarella and cheddar cheese over the top. Use a spoon to create 8 wells. Break the eggs into the wells and season with salt and pepper. Place the bacon slices over the potatoes and bake until eggs are set and bacon is completely crisp, about 10-15 minutes more.
- Garnish with chopped chives or sliced scallions to serve.
Such a great idea! Made it and it all came together well! However, 2tsp salt is wayyyy too much salt (and I even 1/2’d the salt)!! It takes some time getting it made…I wish someone had said something about the salt in the comments because I imagine it would have been so perfect. The saltiness is the only reason for the 3/5 stars.
Made this recipe this morning for my granddaughter and her beau. They both raved about it. I tweaked it a bit by using OreIda O'Brien Potatoes instead of hash browns and Hormel chopped real bacon instead of bacon slices. I have always added a special touch to all recipes I try, mostly by using Tony Cachere's Creole Seasoning in place of just salt and pepper. I think all true Southern cooks tweak recipes...it's a GRITS thing. Any way, back to this recipe...it was super easy to prepare and was a big hit with everyone. Who would not love potatoes, bacon and eggs on a Sunday morning? Will definitely share this with friends and family.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!