Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
this is one of my many favourite recipes from the "skinny b**** in the kitch" cookbook. i like to add a little bit of garlic even though the recipe doesn't call for it.
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional personal add on)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup corn (rinsed under cold water to thaw if frozen)
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1 (15 -16 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (15 -16 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 scallions, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (or 1 teaspoon dried parsley for every tablespoon of fresh)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (or 1 teaspoon dried basil for every tablespoon of fresh)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, garlic (if using), parsley (if using dried), & basil/cilantro (if using dried).
- Cut the kernels off the ear of corn or place the thawed corn in a large bowl.
- Stir in the soy beans (edamame), kidney beans, garbanzo beans, scallions, bell pepper, parsley (if using fresh), & basil/cilantro (if using fresh).
- Gently toss in the dressing.