Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe from our local newspaper. I have never made this recipe, but I wanted to try it soon and thought this is the *perfect* place to save it for use in the future! It sounds really good! Cook time reflects the chill time in this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked edamame
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cooked corn
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegars, sugar, cumin, onion powder and garlic. Heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Place edamame, corn and red pepper in a medium bowl.
- Pour vinegar mixture over vegetables. Stir to mix.
- Cover and chill 1 to 4 hours, stirring once.
- Just before serving stir in cilantro.
Had to make something quickly and luckily had all the ingredients on hand. Everyone loved it. Great tang to it. Will definately be making this one again!
A wonderful salad. Nice and crisp and would be great served with Mexican food in place of the normal refried beans. I didn't have white balsamic vinegar and wished I did after it had chilled. Next time. Thanks for posting. :)
i tried this recipe @ a friends house & loved it! i made it last night with a couple of changes...i used red wine vinegar & rice vinegar instead of the balsamic & cider vinegar. i added some red onions instead of the onion powder. juice of one small lemon & salt & pepper to taste :) i served it on a bed of coarsly chopped romain lettuce and baked pita chips. YUM!