Recipe by Rambling Rose
This recipe is easy and healthy, a good side dish or a main course for lunch. Vegetarian. Inspired by an edamame salad in the salad bar at my grocery store. It looked but didn't taste good, so I decided to make one that did.
- 1 (10 ounce) packageshelled frozen edamame
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn (shoepeg or white is best)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill or 1 -2 tablespoon dried dill
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup Italian dressing (lite or regular)
- ground pepper
- 1 avocado
Directions See How It's Made
- Use unsalted ingredients when possible, otherwise, rinse well to get rid of excess salt.
- Put edamame in microwave-safe covered dish (I use pyrex glass 2 QT dish), add a few tablespoons of water, cook for 4 mins or as per directions.
- Cut up red pepper into small cubes, set aside.
- Pour cooked edamame and can of corn into colander, rinse with cold water to chill, shake off excess water, and pour into serving dish (I use same glass dish).
- Empty cans of beans into colander, rinse well with cold water until it runs clear and shake off excess water.
- Pour beans into dish with edamame and corn.
- Add cut red pepper to dish.
- Add fresh dill to taste (I cut up with scissors).
- Add lime juice and Italian dressing, reduce dressing to cut back on salt, fat.
- Season to taste with ground pepper.
- Optional: Add a chopped avocado for a richer-tasting dish.
- Serve immediately or even better, chill before serving.