Recipe by veggiechick
This is great for breakfast with a bowl of rice or also in a bento. Soy Sauce is optional.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄8 cup shelled frozen edamame
- 1 scallion
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1⁄3 cup yellow onion
- 2⁄3 cup napa cabbage
- 3 cups dashi stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sake
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut scallion into 1/2 inch sticks, keeping green and white portions separate. Finely chop onion and napa.
- Whisk 2 eggs together thoroughly.
- Put a wok or pan over high heat, swish 1/2 tbs. grapeseed oil around the wok. Add the eggs. When it is no longer runny in the center flip it over for a few seconds. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the rest of the oil to the wok. Add yellow onion and napa, stir-fry for approximately 2 minutes. Pour dashi stock over stir-fry and add sake, salt and a few dashes of pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Tear the egg into bitesized pieces. Add egg, edamame, scallion sticks-white portion-(and soy sauce if using)to the wok. Simmer for 2 minutes. Garnish with remaining scallion tops.