Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
amazing zucchini lasagna recipe! one of my favorites definitely. i found it on www.mylasagnarecipe.com a while back and been using this recipe ever since.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium zucchini or 1 1⁄4 lbs zucchini
- 1 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomato sauce and seasonings. Bring to boil; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut zucchini into 1/4-in. slices. In small bowl, combine cottage cheese and egg. In a greased 3-qt. baking dish, place half of the zucchini; sprinkle with half of flour. Top with cottage cheese mixture and half the meat mixture. Repeat layer of zucchini and flour.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and remaining meat mixture. Bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Excellent recipe; the cottage cheese and zucchini gives this lasagna a distinct flavor.