Big Meanie's Meat & Zucchini Lasagna
photo by David04
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 45mins
- Slice the zucchini lengthwise in 1/8-inch thick strips. Place in bowl and coat with salt.
- Lay zucchini out on paper towels. Let set for 1 hour to pull out moisture.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook onion about 2 minutes, stirring often. Add garlic.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned.
- Stir in tomatoes, basil, oregano, nutmeg and pepper. Cook for 20 minutes, stir occasionally, the tomatoes should break down & the sauce thicken.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blot the zucchini dry with paper towels.
- Use one third of zucchini strips to line 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Top evenly with 1/3 of the sauce, & shredded cheese. Place 1/2 of the remaining zucchini strips on top, then 1/2 the sauce & cheese. Repeat this process one more time: using the layers.
- Bake about 45-50 minutes until the sauce starts to bubble.
- Let cool and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!