This is a fast and really tasty dish! You can use your own favorite pizza sauce for this, I use my own Kittencal's Pizza Sauce.
- 4 cups unpeeled shredded zucchini
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided (or to taste)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided (or to taste)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can Italian-style tomato sauce (tomato sauce, with 1/4 tsp. each, oregano and basil)
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and chopped
- Set oven to 400°F.
- Grease a 13x9 pan.
- Place zucchini in strainer; sprinkle with salt.
- Let drain for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze out moisture.
- Combine zucchini with eggs, parmesan cheese, and half of the cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
- Press into greased 13x9 baking pan.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef with garlic and onions, season with salt and pepper; drain any fat, and add/mix the tomato sauce; spoon over baked zucchini mixture.
- Top with remaining cheeses, and sprinkle with green pepper.
- Return to oven and bake for another 20 minutes more.