Recipe by Live.Laugh.Cook!
This is not a vegetarian meal. This just has a lot of vegetables in it. It is something that I threw together in hopes of getting my nieces and nephew to incorporate vegetables in their meal. I made it about 10 years ago for the most stubborn eaters, and now it's their dinner request every time they visit! I usually make (2) dishes, freezing one for another night. Easy enough to make that my 9 and 13 year old do this by themselves! Serving size is per dish.
- 2 lbs ground meat (or substitute with ground turkey)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 1⁄2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup (for carmelizing, can be omitted)
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canunsalted peas, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cansliced carrots, drained and diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and spray (2) 13x9 pyrex or metal baking pans.
- Mix together all ingredients, excluding 1/2 cup of ketchup in an extra large bowl.
- Evenly distribute meat mixture between (2) pans/dishes and lightly pat making even. (You can freeze one of the dishes at this time. But if you are going to cook both, increase temperature to 425).
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and spread 1/2 cup of ketchup on top of meatloaf and bake until ketchup is almost carmelized, approximately 20 minutes.
- Voila! Enjoy.