Recipe by SouthernBell2627
This recipe is from "Kraft: Food and Family", WInter 2006. Excellent dish!
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
I made this recipe on 8/28/2011 for the " Bounce The Ball For Summer Fun " Event in the Diabetic Forum, and most importantly as part of mine and SO dinner. This is how the recipe was made,I saute`d the onion in a bit of margarine then added the chicken broth. Then the rice and leftover mixed veggies were added.And a bit of salt and pepper were added for the seasonings.We really enjoyed this dish. Thanks for taking the time to post and, " Keep Smiling :) "
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1⁄2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups MINUTE White Rice, uncooked
- 1 cup frozen peas
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add onion, carrot, celery, and red pepper; cook 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add broth; bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice and peas; cover.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- ****To save time, replace all the veggies with 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables or frozen broccoli florets and add them when you would have added the peas.