Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from "Kraft: Food and Family", WInter 2006. Excellent dish!
Make and share this Easy Vegetable Rice Medley recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1⁄2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups MINUTE White Rice, uncooked
- 1 cup frozen peas
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add onion, carrot, celery, and red pepper; cook 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add broth; bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice and peas; cover.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- ****To save time, replace all the veggies with 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables or frozen broccoli florets and add them when you would have added the peas.
I made this recipe on 8/28/2011 for the " Bounce The Ball For Summer Fun " Event in the Diabetic Forum, and most importantly as part of mine and SO dinner. This is how the recipe was made,I saute`d the onion in a bit of margarine then added the chicken broth. Then the rice and leftover mixed veggies were added.And a bit of salt and pepper were added for the seasonings.We really enjoyed this dish. Thanks for taking the time to post and, " Keep Smiling :) "
I love this dish, my family and I have made it since we saw it in the food and family magazine. I made this dish when my teenagers had friends over, so had to triple the recipe. They all wanted to know how to make it so they could give it to their moms to make. Thanks for sharing this awesome tasting dish and it is an ease to make.
I made this for our family Thanksgiving dinner and it turned out really well. I have been requested to serve it for Christmas dinner.