Recipe by wife2abadge
This is a very mild, low calorie, lowfat chowder. It makes a LOT, but I suppose you could halve the recipe. Leftovers freeze well.
- 3 quarts skim milk
- 10 ounces frozen chopped broccoli
- 10 ounces frozen corn
- 16 ounces frozen sliced carrots
- 10 ounces frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups instant potato flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, combine all ingredients except the potato flakes.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Turn heat to low and simmer until the vegetables are as tender as you like.
- Stir in the potato flakes and cook 3-4 more minutes, stirring occasionally.