Prep 5 mins
Cook 23 mins
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups small shell pasta or 1 1⁄2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in water, drained and flaked into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) package buttermilk biscuits or 1 (7 1/2 ounce) package country biscuits
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Melt margarine in medium ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in pasta, soup, peas, tuna, sour cream, dill and salt; mix well.
- Cook 3 minutes or until hot.
- Press mixture down in skillet to form even layer.
- Unwrap biscuit dough; arrange individual biscuits over tuna mixture.
- Bake 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and tuna mixture is bubbly.
Very simple and yummy dinner. Instead of the canned biscuits I used Recipe#55564 to make the few I needed. I also used low fat soup and fat free sour cream. I love the flavor that the sour cream adds. This is really hearty and should please the men in your family with no problem. It's a full meal with just a salad to go with it.
The tuna and pasta mixture in this recipe worked well. The buscuits were another story. They were almost burnt on top and gluey and raw on the bottom. They either need to be turned half way through cooking or cooked separately. The raw dough did not enhanse the dish. Hope others don't have this problem.