Top Review by Annacia
Very simple and yummy dinner. Instead of the canned biscuits I used Recipe#55564 to make the few I needed. I also used low fat soup and fat free sour cream. I love the flavor that the sour cream adds. This is really hearty and should please the men in your family with no problem. It's a full meal with just a salad to go with it.
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups small shell pasta or 1 1⁄2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in water, drained and flaked into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) package buttermilk biscuits or 1 (7 1/2 ounce) package country biscuits
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Melt margarine in medium ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in pasta, soup, peas, tuna, sour cream, dill and salt; mix well.
- Cook 3 minutes or until hot.
- Press mixture down in skillet to form even layer.
- Unwrap biscuit dough; arrange individual biscuits over tuna mixture.
- Bake 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and tuna mixture is bubbly.